Petals on Paper
“Go to your fields and your gardens, and you shall learn that it is the pleasure of the bee to gather honey of the flower,
But it is also the pleasure of the flower to yield its honey to the bee.
For bees, the flower is the fountain of life;
For flowers, the bee is the messenger of love.”- Kahlil Gibran
As we celebrate bees and wax in our Fall Newspaperie, we don’t want to forget another part of the equation: Flowers! So we are hosting a floral themed Art Call! We love to see what our customers make with their own two hands! Each year we get that opportunity with our Art Calls. Last year, it was so encouraging to see people from around the country participate in our first ever Instagram Art Call, but we missed the presence of art in our shop. So this year we are doing a mailable art call- the best of both worlds! How can you participate? Simply mail or drop off your artwork at Two Hands Paperie a visual piece that incorporates our floral theme. The theme is purposefully broad because we want to see how you incorporate flowers into your creative vision. The artwork will be incorporated into a store display October 10th-31st.
- We will accept 2-D artwork October 1st-7th! Hand-deliver or mail it to Two Hands Paperie, 803 Pearl Street, Boulder, Colorado 80302. Three winners will be announced October 10th via Instagram and Facebook.
- Each of the three winners will receive a variety of over 100 cards. The cards come from some of our favorite printers like Hammerpress, Egg Press and many more! Winners must be in the Continental US to receive their prize.
- Artwork must be no larger than 8×10 inches.
- Please include your Name, Title, and Email address. You are welcome to include your Instagram handle so we can tag you on our Instagram feed.
- Artwork will not be returned.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions.
What some inspiration? Check out the Creativebug 60 Second Mono Print Video on Creativebug by our friend Courtney Cerruti. See our sample above. We made these using Peerless Watercolors, Medioevalis 4 by 6 inch Flat Cards, and a water brush. Or check out our Pinterest page. We look forward to seeing what you create!